Time flies when you’re having fun and we’ve been having a blast creating “WOW!” vacation experiences for the world’s most discerning travelers. In 2018 we added new amenities to the island and increased our commitment to sustainability and philanthropy, making Royal Belize the Caribbean’s most desirable exclusive-use private island.
Royal Belize partners with Blue Horizon, the only Orvis Endorsed Outfitter in Belize. Blue Horizon operates inside the protection of the Belize Barrier Reef - the epicenter of the finest flats in the world. They fish daily around a chain of small cayes from north of Dangriga to south of Placencia. Miles of undisturbed flats increase the chances of success at hitting the grand slam: permit, tarpon and bonefish. Fly rod targets such as barracuda, snook, jack crevalle, bonito and mackerel are abundant and readily take well presented flies in the flats of Southern Belize. Our team of expert guides look forward to sharing a memorable experience on the water with you!
Recent Guest Reviews
Royal Belize Team Member Spotlight
Meet Felipe Novelo!
Felipe is your chef here at Royal Belize. He's originally from Orange Walk Town in Belize and has a wife and two kids. When he’s not working, he loves to play poker and eat his favorite local dish, escabeche (it’s a type of chicken soup)!
His top two recommendations for a stay at Royal Belize are to go deep sea fishing and to have one of his special gin and tonics at the bar. If Felipe had to choose a super power, he’d pick x-ray vision - that way he could see the ingredients without opening the containers!
Royal Belize Recipe Round-Up
Enjoy a memory of Felipe's cooking when you get back home. Whip up some escabeche and imagine you are back with the Royal Belize family! This soup is an excellent boost for immune system or a great comfort food if you have a cold.
· 1 whole chicken
· lime juice
· 6-8 whole allspice seeds
· 2 tsp crushed oregano
· 6 whole cloves
· 1 tsp cumin seeds
· 2 tsp whole white peppercorn
· 1 stick cinnamon
· 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 4 cloves garlic
· 2-4 lbs. onion, thinly sliced
· 1 cup white vinegar, to taste
· Pickled jalapeños for garnish
· Seasoned salt, to taste
· Butter or olive oil
1. Wash your chicken in water and lime juice, and trim off any fat. Halve the chicken and place in a 6 quart heavy soup pot. Add water to the pot covering the chicken, OR until it's half full, OR you can calculate 1 1/2 cups liquid per person.
2. Bring the water and chicken to a simmer, adding the spices: all spice, oregano, cloves, cumin, pepper, cinnamon stick, chicken bouillon, and garlic. Simmer for 30-45 minutes. We have found that the chicken will cook in 30 minutes, but has a better texture if simmered for 45 minutes.
3. While the chicken is cooking, blanch the onions. Put a kettle of water on to boil. Peel and slice the onions and separate the onion layers in a large bowl. Pour boiling water over the onions, and allow them to sit in water until the chicken is cooked.
4. Preheat broiler. Using tongs, pull the chicken out of the simmering broth and place on a cookie sheet to be broiled or grilled. Season with seasoned salt and olive oil or butter. Place under broiler for 10-15 minutes or until skin is golden brown.
5. Drain onions and place in chicken broth. Add vinegar and jalapeños. Allow to cook for 15-30 minutes, 15 minutes if you like your onions crunchier. If desired, add more vinegar to taste.
6. Serve soup with a piece of roasted chicken and a few warm corn tortillas.
We're Committed to Community
Every guest makes a difference. How?
Each month we partner with a worthy local organization, donating $100 per night sold, and we encourage guests to participate as well.. In only two months, we've raised $4,900 for Oceana Belize and the Santa Elena Primary School.
PACK FOR A PURPOSE
We are proud members of Pack For A Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers to make a lasting impact in the community by saving room in their suitcase to bring supplies to donate to those in need. Through this program, Royal Belize supports the Southern Regional Hospital In Dangriga, allowing guests to help provide basic materials used for patients' medical needs.
Royal Belize offers a highly discounted 5 night stay to select charity auctions on consignment. These trips have sold well above market value at several events and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for non-profit organizations around the world. Ask us how to help your favorite organization raise money for a good cause!
Want the total Belize experience? Pair a stay at Royal Belize with one of our beach, jungle, or island resorts.
Keep up to date with Royal Belize on social media: